Monday, January 9, 2012

Almost There!

So, I'm almost finished with the "little" kitchen project I started a over a week ago. I need to find a solution to the ugly trash/recycling situation and the blanket door. Yes, blanket door.
Fugg!! - old icky garbage can and laundry bin converted to recycling can.  Need to find an attractive inexpensive solution.

Blanket Door's purpose to to keep the cold air from the laundry room from infiltrating the kitchen.  The laundry room is like a meat locker in the winter.  If there ever was insulation in that part of the house, squirrels ate it.

Both have the requirement of being cost friendly so I need to get creative...

2 comments:

  1. I would use for recycling those laundry hampers that have the metal frame with 2 or three white material bags. Do you know what I mean? Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but the recycling tends to get wet and the cloth would end up looking really really gross and I'd be obsessively washing it. I'm thinking something in the country cute theme, something like this http://woodnmore1.com/Handcrafted-Wood-Trash-Recycle-Pet-Food-Bin-Double-P49821.aspx but not for that price - I may be building or repurposing something myself

    ReplyDelete